Friday, September 30, 2005

Another Meme Stolen from Martha, Martha

I am supposed to list five idiosycracies, but I ended up putting six. Feel free to list your own in your blog.

Five (or six) Idiosyncrasies:

  1. I do not allow people to read over my shoulder especially the newspaper. I really hate it when someone is trying to read over my shoulder and since I typically read fast, they tell me to wait before turning the page or something and it drives me nuts. And when I have a Sunday newspaper, I have to be the first to read it and you can’t have any other sections before I have gotten to them. And I read the cartoons last, so don’t even ask.

  1. I can’t watch scary movies unless I know how it ends. I hate scary movies in general, but sometimes I’ll watch them if I already know what happens. That’s the only reason I watched the Sixth Sense because Josh told me about it beforehand. My ex-husband once made the mistake of basically forcing me to go see The Ghost and the Darkness and I still haven’t forgiven him for that.

  1. Usually when I fly I make sure I have a Bible with me. I used to always take the New Testament that I got when Josh was born. I don’t know if it was superstition but I always felt better just having it with me. This is even when I was not going to church at all. I tended to wear my cross necklace as well. But I have since lost that necklace and I really wished I still had it. I now have a crucifix that I always wear, but I miss that necklace. My ex-husband bought it for me as a gift.

  1. I don’t answer the phone at home unless I know who is calling. I hate dealing with telemarketers and bill collectors. I’m not assertive enough to just tell them no and to stop calling. So I use the avoidance technique. I love having caller ID.

  1. Although I teach speech and do not mind speaking or performing in public, I really am a shy person. I don’t have a lot of friends because I’m not very outgoing. I haven’t gotten to know very many other parents in Josh’s class. In social situations I tend to keep to myself.

  1. I don’t eat vegetables. I really don’t. There are a few exceptions, but basically all I eat are corn, potatoes and salad fixings. I don’t eat any other cooked vegetables.

No comments: