Sunday, September 18, 2005

Reporting In

Got back from the speech tournament on Saturday night around 10:00. It was good that I drove myself. Our students did pretty well. We had several make it to finals and one girl placed third in foreign extemporaneous speaking and it was the first time she had ever done that event.

Josh is doing well. He doesn't seem upset and is going about things normally. We are going to the memorial service tomorrow. I tried calling Jacob's wife, but she hasn't returned any of my calls. I'm wondering why, but perhaps she is just overwhelmed. I finally called the funeral home to get information on when the service would be. It is at 2:00 tomorrow. Josh will go to school in the morning and I will pick him up at lunch. I am not going to school as it would be pointless to go for one period in the morning and then come back. I went to the school today to leave my instructions.

I went to Mass this morning and then stayed for the adult classes that the priest is teaching. We will be studying the Gospel of Luke. It really is kind of nice to get back into church and studying the Bible. Only problem is that one of the books the priest wants us to get is $37 if I buy from him or $50 at Barnes and Noble. I'm going to go look online and see if I can find one a little cheaper.. perhaps used.

I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday. It's an expense I'm not sure I should do, but I really, really need to do something. I really have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but am thinking of just leaving it in the hands of the stylist and tell her give me something easy to style and looks good.

Going to make supper in just a bit (Parmesan Chicken) and then perhaps just veg tonight. I'm glad I don't have to get up too early in the morning.

No comments: