Saturday, December 17, 2005

Almost the end

Well, I can see the end in sight at least. Yes, unlike other schools in the area, I still have three days of work next week. But I made through the two choir rehearsals, RCIA class, Christmas party, instrument rehearsal, and a partridge in a pear tree. So tonight I am thinking about cleaning my house, but am instead blogging, chatting online and having a rum and coke. Oh, come on... I do deserve a break today.
Tomorrow I have church and then perhaps some shopping. I really need to get my Christmas shopping done. Marty's sister-in-law is coming over tomorrow.
Speaking of Marty, I had a dream about him last night. I can't remember much in the way of specifics, but it involved a lot of holding hands and something about him driving a jeep. I do remember some feelings about being with him... like it was such a nice thing to be with him, but at the same time I was worried that it didn't really mean anything and it was just a temporary thing. I haven't dreamed about him in a long time, but I think it's because I talked to him earlier this week and have found myself in conversation with others about him. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him, but I still know how things are.
I finally got my semester test finished and am ready to give it to my students that are not exempt from it.. which is the majority of my students in my classes. I still have a million papers to grade. No exagerration. Note to self: Do not give three assignments due the week before school is out.
I still have a lot of things I want to do and need to do. I need to get my house clean... again. And get laundry done... again. I want to finish my new Sue Grafton book. I want to sit in front of the t.v. and not have anything pressing to do. I want to sleep in in the mornings and not have any place to go. Maybe soon.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Out of all the people I know, you need and deserve some down time. I hope you get some rest soon!