Tuesday, December 13, 2005

There are not enough hours

in the day to get everything done that I need to do. Perhaps one of these days I should really learn the word "no". But it's not like it's anything I don't want to do... well, except grading papers... I don't really want to do that, but have to. So we had a speech tournament this weekend. Last night I stayed up at the school until 8:30 p.m. That is 13 hours at school since I arrived that morning at 7:30 p.m. And even then I didn't get everything done that I needed to do. Today I spent my entire conference and lunch grading papers and printing grade reports. And I'm still not caught up. I still have a semester test to make and a review sheet for my students. Haven't even started other than gathering my old tests to make the semester test. I didn't get home until 5:30 tonight because my ride home stayed late today. So I picked up dinner as there are no clean dishes in my house... unless you count the turkey platter and soup ladel. After eating dinner, I had a whopping 15 minutes before heading to choir rehearsal. So I caught up on reading some blogs when I should have probably graded a few papers. So sue me. Then I headed to choir rehearsal and I am really excited about it because I think I'm really improving. I can even sing harmony parts now and that is just way cool. Our practice went from 7:00 until 9:00 and then I met with the choir director afterwards to go over plans for the instrumental music. Of course I have volunteered to take care of transposing the music for various instruments and have it all ready by Saturday. But actually I have passed the buck on to Josh. He has some software that will allow him to do just that. So tonight I didn't get home until after 1o and then realized I had to have stuff to make stromboli for RCIA tomorrow and for the party I'm going to on Thursday. (Are you drooling Bret?)
So after I get home, I head out again at 10:15 and go to Walmart to get the things I need and don't return until almost 11:00. After feeding the animals and changing into my p.j.'s, I have now sat down to write of my adventures. But wait! It doesn't stop there!
Tomorrow is RCIA so I will get home hopefully by 5:00 and will make stromboli, then go to class from 6:30 until 8:00. Then perhaps I can do something school related. I am really hoping I'll get my semester test done by tomorrow afternoon if I work through my conference and lunch again. Well, anyways... on Thursday I have a speech teacher Christmas party to go to. Once again, I am taking stromboli. It's just one of those things that I know I can make well and people really enjoy it. Then on Friday, I will have most of the morning to work in my classroom as the other classes will be attending the musical. Hopefully by then I can get all my school things ready. I especially need to have stuff printed for the first of next semester since I'll be getting all new classes.
Oh the fun continues this weekend. Saturday morning is choir rehearsal from 10-12. Then we'll have an instrumental rehearsal from 2-4. Perhaps sometime in there I can go Christmas shopping or clean my house. Sunday is Church again. And then although other schools in the area will be out of school this Friday, I have to go for three days next week. We don't get out until the 21st.
So that is my life at the moment. I'm not sure how I am managing, but I am. I realize I can only do so much in a day so whatever gets done, gets done. Yes, I am quite busy, but it is good to be this way. Who has time to worry about things when there's so much going on. But I really do need a break. And soon.

No comments: