Sunday, December 11, 2005

Another busy weekend

Well it's already Sunday night and I haven't accomplished much this weekend. Today we had our Rite of Acceptance at the Church and that was a wonderful experience. Luckily it was at the 11:15 mass because I didn't get home until about 1:45 a.m. this morning.
I took some students to a speech tournament in Lubbock this weekend. It was an overnight trip. We had a good time and the kids did very well for so few students going. I took three down on Friday and then a parent brought three others on Saturday. I think we had a good bonding experience. I know they appreciated me coming out and talking to them at the tournament and I also took them to get food when we had a break. I was also told by another speech coach there that although the other teacher (that I am soon to be replacing) is a great lady, she tends to be a bit harsh and bitchy and that I am much more pleasant to be around. That was nice to hear... well... the fact that I'm pleasant to be around.
There was also an awkward moment where two other teachers were trying to set me up with someone. There's a guy that wrote a computer software program that basically runs a speech tournament and he goes to several tournaments to help run it. The other coaches were giving him a hard time because this other coach (who wasn't at the tournament) had a crush on him for a long time is now getting married to someone else. He never reciprocated the feelings as I guess she wasn't his type... which I can see why... not to be harsh, but they just seem to be opposites. Well... anyway, they were going on about him and how they needed to set him up with someone. I knew it was coming... all of a sudden they asked if I was married. I said. "No, I am not." And that's when they started going on about setting us up. I really didn't know how to react to that... it was kind of uncomfortable. I basically said that I've done the long distance thing before and wasn't interested in that. (The guy lives near Dallas) I didn't know what else to say. Luckily, he wasn't around when they were going on about all of this. He seems like a nice guy, but I really don't know him. And I still am not interested in the long-distance thing. Though Dallas is a much easier thing to deal with than Connecticut, it's still hard to imagine dating someone that didn't live around here. But I think despite my objection... they're going to be some busy little bees.
Today after church Josh and I went Christmas shopping. And now I'm exhausted. I want to go to bed right now and I'll probably be in bed by 9:00 tonight. I'm fairly certain that I'm not going to get any school work done and I think I'm just going to plan to stay up at school tomorrow and catch up on everything.
So that's my weekend. Have I mentioned before how ready I am for Christmas break?

No comments: