Wednesday, September 27, 2006

How long until Friday?

Yet another long day. I'm getting kind of irritated that the person I carpool with seems to be arriving at my house earlier and earlier. Last year my carpool person and I generally made it just in time... but not late. We would leave no later than about 7:20. My carpool person this year has been arriving at my house shortly before 7:00 a.m. And the thing is that our school day is starting later than it did last year. I just feel rushed when she pulls up and I haven't even gotten dressed yet. But I'm too nice to say anything. And it's not like she sits and honks the horn, but I just feel like I have to get out the door more quickly. She also likes to talk. A lot. I find myself going into that mode where you just nod your head and agree with whatever someone is saying. She will just randomly say something that she's thinking that has no relevance to me... something along the lines of something she needs to remember to do in class. I'm not complaining exactly, but I tend to be on the quiet side and I don't like feeling obligated to respond quite so much. I guess it's just not a great rapport and we don't have much in common other than we need to save money on gas.

So, I get to school early and spend most of the day working on different projects and I still feel like I'm behind. I have to get ready to be gone for three days next week. It is the annual speech convention and luckily, I get to go this year. Probably because it's in Amarillo. But at least I will learn some new things and get some good information.

I get home today just in time to take Josh to his piano lesson. After that, we come home, I check email and then head back out to RCIA class. I almost thought of not going because I was tired and just needed that down time, but I didn't want to miss anything. So I went and I am always glad that I did. After that, Josh and I had to run up to Walmart and get ink for my printer. I think I need to buy stock in Walmart because about half my paycheck seems to go there. So I didn't really get home until shortly before 9:00 and now the washer is being cranky.
So what else is new you ask? I did get a very nice email from someone through match.com. He actually responded to an email I sent and replied back. We've now emailed a few times and chatted last night. There is a distance issue that is of concern on both our parts, but I figured it would be great to just get to know somoeone without regard to a possible romance so to speak. I also got another email from a guy in Amarillo, and he has a nice profile except for the fact that it indicated that he smokes occasionally. And that's heartbreaking for me because it's the one thing that I won't compromise on in terms of a relationship. But I told him that although I was bothered by that aspect, it would be nice to get to know him. So we'll see. (**update... received a second email from him and he seems intrigued by my intelligence so that might be a good sign.. will keep you posted.) I haven't determined if match.com is going to be a waste of time and money yet. For a while, I was really leaning that way, but it's still up in the air. If I get a few new friends, then I'd be satisfied with that. I don't particularly expect to find my soulmate (or soalmate as one profile states) but I figured it wouldn't hurt to meet a few new people.

Although I'd like to go to bed soon, I still have about 45 minutes until my sheets and blanket are dry. I guess I'll go catch up on all my friends blogs.

3 comments:

Summer said...

*Soalmate*... You made me laugh out loud this morning! Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Annabel. As a fellow Texan I thought Iowa Park was farely close to Canyon. My husband works in Veron during the week and if we end up having to move, we will live in Iowa Park because we have heard good things about the school system there.

Susanlee said...

Justin was a smoker when we first got together. Nipped that in the bud. :)