Monday, September 04, 2006

A Quick Trip

Sorry for the lack of posts. At least it's good to be missed even if it's only from my blogging friends. I didn't have anything to say on Friday really and I didn't have much time since I decided to go to the game. I went and watched the band and left after half-time. It's a good thing I did. They got rained out shortly after that and the game was called off.

On Saturday I slept in until a little after 8:00. I got up and started getting ready for a quick trip to Albuquerque. We hadn't been up there since February and we intended to go this summer and just didn't make it. We intended to leave by 11:00, but you know how our intentions tend to go. We had to go to the music store to Josh new piano books that were on hold for us. I let Josh do the driving and he drove all the way to my aunt's house by himself. He only scared me once when he overcorrected.

We made it to Albuquerque by 4:00 or so and then I started setting up my aunt's new computer. She got a new laptop and she will soon join the world of the internet. Unfortunately, she lives in the mountain and trying to get the dial-up service to work was pointless. When I could get it to connect, it was running at 14 kbps and I couldn't get any pages to load. I could, however, get my uncle's computer to connect at 56 kbps and so I did some research and checked the costs of her getting the satellite service. It was more affordable than they thought so we ordered it and they should have it set up within a week or so. So next time I go up there, I should be able to get connected as well and I can update.

After that, we went into ABQ and had dinner at my sister's restaurant (Chili's). I made a complete pig of myself and had a Presidente Margarita. It was quite yummy.

On Sunday, I went to Mass at a mission church in the area. My aunt's friend's housemate is Catholic and he came by to pick me up. I will probably write about the service on my other blog when I have time.

I started crocheting a baby blanket for my cousin's new baby and I got about half of it done between the car trip and just sitting around. We went shopping on Sunday and my generous aunt bought Josh clothes to wear at speech tournaments. She got him two dress shirts and two ties and a blazer. I will need to get him some dress pants. She also bought me a gray suit. In addition, she gave both Josh and me $20 to spend at the mall or bookstore. I got a book that I wouldn't normally buy for myself that was $15. Josh got an Elvis skeleton statue and a complete music score of the planets. (He ended up with $40 because he's spoiled.)

We picked up KFC for supper and then headed home. I spent the evening working on the blanket while watching a horrible movie called Syriana. It stars George Clooney and Matt Damon and it was just very strange. It keeps popping back and forth with different scenes and it was very hard to follow.

This morning I got up and called my sister. We went into town to see her and then we went to lunch at Macaroni Grill. After that, we went to Hancock fabrics. I got some yarn and some beads for a rosary. After that, we headed back home. I drove until Tucumcari and Josh took over then and brought us home. He's doing pretty well driving. He still hugs the right of the road a bit, but overall he's a good driver.

Now I'm trying to get caught up on things. I have a lot of blogs to read, things to wash, and I need to get ready to go back to school tomorrow. I have to get ready for a sub on Wednesday. And since I'm not getting anything done while I'm sitting here on the computer, I'm going to have log off and get busy.


abbagirl74 said...

Whew! Busy woman! I'm glad you had a great trip.

Summer said...

Sounds like a great weekend! What is it with these boys hugging the right side of the road when they drive? Scares me to death sometimes!