Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And some good news!

I bit the bullet and decided to file my taxes online. I've always been a do it myself kind of person and have submitted tax returns on paper, mailed them, and waited for a check to arrive. I don't necessarily need the money right away, but I figure it would be good to have and perhaps I could save it for something else... maybe a coaster trip this summer??? Wooo Hooo! Of course all this is dependent on whether I have students that qualify for Nationals and if Josh wants to go to band camp in Nacogdoches. I'm just glad that I might have the means to at least go somewhere.
My refund will be in the vincinity of about $1900. That's about $400 more than last year... so I can't complain at all. Last year I used it to buy my laptop. I'm not sure what else I really want or need. I could get a new stove top for my kitchen and a new floor, but I'll have to think about it some. As soon as I make plans for the money, I'm sure something else will come up like major plumbing problems or something.
Oh well... I just wanted to share the good news and show that I was at least somewhat productive this evening.

1 comment:

Billy said...

That's great news. I can't wait for this year's income tax. I am taking a trip to New York City. I hope anyway. I would also like to make some small home repairs in the house I am currently living in. I won't do to much because we will only be here for a couple of years.