Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Sorry I didn't post yesterday (technically). My wishing in the New Year was rather uneventful. I slept in until the last minute before I had to get ready to go to church. I went to Mass, then went to the grocery store and got a few things. I made myself clean the kitchen & living room. They're basically picked up but not sparkling clean. I did use the lint brush on the couch and I think I gathered enough hair for another dog. I made Josh clean his bathroom. Well... I didn't make him, I just told him to do it. Around 6:00 we headed to Amarillo and I picked up my friend Kirsten. We tried to go to Olive Garden to eat, but the wait was an hour or more. We left and went to Applebee's and only had about a 15 minute wait. I had a perfect margarita and the three cheese chicken penne. We came home and I made a drinks for Kirsten & myself. We then watched Fantasia 2000 until Kirsten had to leave. (She has to get up early tomorrow morning.) I finished watching Fantasia and then we watched the Schoolhouse Rock DVD. I also started playing a game of RCT3. I missed the ball dropping and the "official" notice that it is now 2007. I didn't even have any champagne. I have a bottle in the fridge, but I didn't want to drink a bottle all by myself. So I guess I'll save it for another special occasion should one arise. I don't have much more to tell... a rather boring day with no exciting bang to usher in the New Year.... which is fine by me. Now I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams to all of you and I hope you are all off to a great start in the new year. May you keep your resolutions or if you're like me, you know better than to make them!

3 comments:

Billy said...

Doesn't sound like a bad evening. I was in bed by 10:30.

Happy New Year!

Leann said...

I was babysitting and playing around on the computer. Didn't even notice the time going by until daughter got home at 1:30a and realized, hey, it's a new year!

SKQBDOO said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to reading what all happens in your life during 2007!