Saturday, January 13, 2007

Random Thoughts I've had on this trip

If you have a blessed chest and you’re wearing a shirt that you have to constantly pull up in order to avoid your nipples showing what is the point in wearing it in the first place?

I am hypocritical when I say this, but I can’t stand listening to people snore. I know that I snore when I sleep, but I sleep alone (other than the pets) and so nobody has to deal with me. But I hate having to hear somebody like say on an airplane snoring away for three hours. One of my carpool people does it as well on the way to school sometimes and it really grates on my nerves. Is that bad of me to say that?

I wonder why I don’t read more. I do love reading when I actually get to do it but I only do it when I have large blocks of time. I hate starting and stopping a book. I get into them when I read and I like to read as much as possible and often finish a book in a day (or more if they’re short) The last Harry Potter book did take a couple of days though and I had to start and stop it quite a bit. I brought three books with me. I’ve finished two of them and am working on the third. Luckily this one is quite a bit longer so I probably won’t finish it until tomorrow (Saturday). I’ll have to get another one for the trip home.

Why wouldn’t a fancy resort have wireless internet? It seems everybody and their dog has it these days. I am currently writing this in Word because I have no internet access. I can connect at the Convention Center for $25 a day. I will probably break down and get online tomorrow (Saturday). I am totally and completely internet addicted. That’s something I really should give up for Lent but I honestly don’t know how I’d do as it’s also a big part of my work at school.

There really is no place like home. I do like being able to get away and go on vacations from time to time, but I’m really pretty much a homebody. I worry too much. I think about my animals and Josh and my house. And I like my own bed.

No comments: