Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Time to start thinking about work

One of the great things about being a teacher is getting the time off for Christmas break. I would have to say that we certainly EARN that time off and it is a nice respite from teaching. I do have things I should be working on right now, but am not really doing much of it. I do have to drive up to the high school today because I forgot the list of my students phone numbers/email addresses that I needed to remind them about our practice session tomorrow. We have a tournament this coming weekend.

Yesterday I didn't do much. I did play my game a little bit. I learned some cheat codes for it. Josh and I went to my brother's place for dinner. He is living with his girlfriend who is due to have their baby any day. They have a very nice & plush house. They have thick, heavy furniture all over the house. I don't know that I care much for it. The more I visit other people's homes, the more I feel bad about mine. I have two old couches that are usually covered in dog hair and a recliner. My computer chair has a big rip in it. My kitchen table has cracks in the tile. The kitchen floor has tons of cracks & chips (because my dad in his infinite wisdom laid wall tile down on the floor - which makes it very slick when it's wet.) I don't have a lot of accessories, paintings and decorative items in my house. It's pretty simple and basic, but then again, I don't have a huge house payment.

So today I have to eventually take a shower, get dressed, go to the high school, come home and try to talk myself into doing laundry. Right now I'm fixing lunch. I'm not in too much of a rush to get moving at the moment. Josh has to go back to school tomorrow. I don't have much more to share today. So far my break hasn't been very exciting - not that I want it to be because exciting isn't always good/exciting.

No comments: