Monday, January 22, 2007

Hell Week

Well, it's officially begun. Hell week is here. It's the week before our tournament. Tonight I was at the school until 6:00 working on stuff. I had students stay after school for an hour to call judges and let them know their judging assignments. I worked on finishing the judges packets that need to be printed- by tomorrow. I hope the print shop can do a rushed job. We were supposed to have a parent meeting tonight but I cancelled it because of the weather. Instead I put the information for them on the web. I also finalized all the judging information on our website as well. I'm pretty thrilled with our technologically advanced team.

I didn't have time to cook so I picked up dinner which took forever it seems. I had to wait several minutes to place my order and then several more to actually get it. I got home and scarfed down dinner and then had to take Josh to play practice. The roads are still horrible in town. The highway is pretty clear for the most part with a few patches of ice here and there. I am going to earnestly pray for some warmth to hit so it melts this stuff away. If you are so inclined, I would also appreciate any prayers for good weather this coming weekend. I would hate to put all this work into our tournament and then not get to have it.

I hope our trophies arrive in time. I'm worried that the weather issues might have slowed down the transit. I will be at school late the rest of this week. Tomorrow is a judges meeting. Wednesday & Thursday will be last minute work and then Friday will be setting up for the tournament. Saturday will get here before I know it. I just hope things go well. It's kind of scary. This is my first tournament to run all by myself. And it's a TFA qualifying tournament which has a whole heap of issues piled on top of everything else. But hopefully it will be a good money-maker for us.

After I took Josh to rehearsal I had to boil water again to unfreeze the laundry pipe. I'm ready for summer. How much longer?

2 comments:

Summer said...

When are you going to get a break?

Cheryl said...

You sound so busy, but organized. Good luck with the upcoming tournament. I've been reading your blog and figured it was about time I commented. I'll be back!