Sunday, January 21, 2007

Arizona sounds good

I hate winter. Andrew-I would trade locations with you in a heartbeat right now. Now, I shouldn't complain too much. Generally our winters are fairly mild. But for whatever reason we have had quite a bit of frozen stuff this year. The most recent storm left about 7 inches where I live. This morning I spent 45 minutes shoveling the driveway and the car. I ended up taking the Honda since it's higher off the ground and some of the snow is still pretty thick. The roads are still horrible. I made it to church on time and then afterwards went to Walmart in order to get a real snow shovel. I used just a basic garden shovel this morning which sucked. As soon as I got there I realized that I didn't bring my wallet. So I came home got my wallet and headed just down the street to ACE hardware. Of course they didn't have any shovels. So I headed to the other small hardware store located on the square and it was closed on Sunday. I then came back home and decided that I would finish the shoveling tomorrow. Maybe then I can actually get my car out. Until the roads clear more, I'm not going to let Josh drive. I'll take his car in the morning.

So I came home, had lunch, watched t.v. and took a nap. Then I started some work on tournament stuff. I needed to wash clothes for tomorrow so I put them in the washer. I started dinner and just as it was about finished I heard water rushing into the garage. I rushed out and shut the washer off. It turns out that the way my dad rigged the washer drainage situation was not in state of brillance. It's too complex for me to explain but it boils down to it being frozen and so the water had no where to go except back into the garage. I ended up boiling some water and pouring down the drain pipe which seemed to do the trick at least temporarily.

Now I've got more work to do, but I've got a good start on things thankfully. Well, I better quit writing here and get busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully this week will go better for you. Make us a nice snow angel if you get the chance. *grin*

ps. I made a photoblog today of my silly craft projects, i doubt you could call it art, but it's good for a laugh I think.
www.steelcorset.blogspot.com

Summer said...

You poor baby. I hope it warms up a little today.