Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Just busy and tired

Sorry for no post yesterday. It's not like I had a lot to say. Went to school and found out that the library was not returned to satisfactory condition. I profusely apologized to the librarian and sent some students down to straighten things up. Then I had a scare at lunch time. A teacher came and told me that a laptop had been stolen out of her room. It was a room we ended up not using, but had been opened in the morning because it was on the original list I had given the custodians. I put the word out to the schools in attendance and then during the next class she called to let me know that it had been found. It turns out that my students were on the ball and they had checked the room and saw that the laptop was out and they put it in a closet for safe-keeping. Overall the tournament went well and everyone was satisfied. We ended up clearing a little over $2000 after our expenses. Not too bad, but it could have been a little better.

I haven't been able to get much done it seems. As soon as I finish something, there's something else beckoning. I am way behind on grading papers and I have so many upcoming trips to plan for. You have to fill out several pages just to get approval to go on a trip and with it include all the estimated costs of the travel expenses. It's not difficult, but it is time-consuming. I stayed after school today and started sorting through the stacks of papers that were on and surrounding my desk.

I forgot to mention earlier that we took care of Josh's citation. The fine was going to be $175 if we just paid it and $275 for deferred adjudication. But we were able to get away with a $96 fee for court costs and Josh will just have to take defensive driving. After he takes the course, the citation will be removed from his record. That made me feel a lot better. Now I just have to deal with the damage to the car and we're playing phone tag with the insurance company so far. Who's hours are only 8-4?

Josh isn't feeling well today. He has either major allergies or a cold and he called me so I could pick up some kleenex, medicine and popcicles on my way home. I just hope he doesn't give it to me. I don't want it!

I should be grading papers right now, but I just can't make myself do it. I guess I'll just do some laundry, catch up on blogs, and go to bed early. Maybe I'll take my shower this evening so I can sleep in just a bit tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah the shower conumdrum. Can never decide; Do I want the "wake me up" shower, or the "make me sleep like a baby" shower"? It would be wasteful to do both.