Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Freakin’ Cold

I hate being cold.  I’ve probably mentioned that a time or twenty.  We are back to frigid temperatures here with anywhere from 1 to 6 inches of snow.  I came home from school and lit the heater in the garage and opened the attic to get some heat up there.  I wrapped the pipes with the insulation tubes I got at the hardware store, but I was about 3 feet short.  I hope that enough heat will get up there to keep it from freezing.  I’m letting the kitchen sink drip in addition to my bathroom.  The washer pipes are already frozen, but perhaps there will be enough heat in the garage (eventually) to defrost them.  The school has already made the decision to delay until 10:00 a.m. but I’m still supposed to be there by 8:00 a.m.  Unless we get a ton of snow, I guess I’ll have to go in tomorrow.  I wouldn’t mind a snow day though.  It would be nice to sleep in and take it easy for a day.  Probably wishful thinking though. 

No comments: