Sunday, February 06, 2011

Home and sick again

My aunt was completed surprised this morning.  We got to the church about 30 minutes before the service was over but sat in the back and she didn’t notice anything.  The congregation recessed out because they were also dedicating/blessing a new portico that had been built.  As she came down the aisle, she was looking at her music and didn’t see me.  I put my arm around her and she was completely taken off guard but was very excited to see me.  She said the day was full of surprises.  They had a nice reception and was disappointed that I wasn’t staying too long.  I left around 2:00 Texas time and got home a little after 6:00.  I was worried about the weather because it was snowing back here today.  I encountered two patches of snowy weather on the way back, but most of it was clear. 

And now I’m sick again.  I have what is probably a cold and I’m a bit miserable at the moment.  I’m sneezing and have itchy, watery eyes, and still a bit of of cough.  I just took some tylenol and a benadryl.  It means I won’t be able to keep watching the superbowl, but no big deal.  I usually don’t watch.  I’ve gotten into football a little more because of Matthew, but I could take it or leave it.  I need to work on school stuff, but just not going to happen. 

I have a concert tomorrow night.  I hope I’m better by tomorrow.  Also supposed to go to happy hour, but probably won’t make it.  I ordered a new clarinet ligature but it has been delayed due to the weather. 

It is going to be a busy week.  I have to get a yearbook deadline done, all my papers graded, and a bunch of other things done.  But I’m also really into the book I’m reading now so I want to finish it as well.  As soon as I’m done with this post, I’m going to get in bed with my Kindle and wait for the benadryl to take effect. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was the concert? Doped to the brim at the clarinet you surely had a nice solo? :)