Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Still Cold

Despite the fact that two other big school districts were closed today, mine was open though we started at 10:00 a.m.  The roads in town were awful, but the highway was pretty clear.  When I got to school, I couldn’t park in my spot though.  There was a drift in my spot that was about 2 1/2 feet high and my car is way too low for that.  So I parked elsewhere – probably in a student’s spot, but it was pretty much a free for all since you couldn’t see spots in general.  I finally caught up on grading since I had two extra hours this morning.  I am flabbergasted by students that refuse to do their work.  They took a test today and I gave them the opportunity to make up their work they were missing and two students with an average of about a 16 each, refused to do anything. 

I picked up another section of the pipe insulation and need to go up and finish putting it on the last bit of pipe in the attic.  My pipes were ok this time.  The washer even thawed out today.  But I do need to turn off the heater in the garage.  It’s going to cost me an arm and a leg for running it. 

I still have a cough or more precisely, it has come back.  It seems to be getting worse.  I will go back to the doctor tomorrow if it is as bad as it was today.  I took a robitussin gel cap, but it hasn’t completely worked.  It’s a little better, but not gone.  I think I may try the cough syrup with codeine tonight though I HATE taking cough syrup because of the taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Cough*
... mbmbl ...