Monday, February 07, 2011

Why bother?

Can someone explain to me why I even bother bringing home papers from school?  I know I’m never going to touch them at home and yet I keep bringing them.  What is wrong with me?  I felt a little better this morning, but I have that kind of heavy feeling in my chest again and I’m coughing a little more.  Not sure if I’m getting what I had back or if it is something else – but I’m tired of being sick.  I had a band concert tonight and it went really well – the probably was that I couldn’t hear very well which is important when playing.  The extra ligature I had worked fairly well – can’t tell if I like it yet.  I’m still waiting on the one that I ordered to arrive.  Surprisingly, Matthew did come to my concert.  I sent him a text message that maybe wasn’t as pleasant as I could have been, but I think he needed a good kick in the pants today.  He thanked me for getting him out of the house and said he had been self-wallowing.  I told him to stop.

He’s applying for the other jobs that I found online so we’ll just wait and see what happens.  I need to work on my resume and submit a local application by the end of the week.  Just not sure when I’ll find the time.  My to-do list keeps growing.  It would probably help if I got these darn papers graded!  Which means I’m going to go to bed and read my book instead.  Perhaps I’ll find some motivation one of these days.  It’s not tonight though.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! I hope you'll have some time to rest. I'm glad the band night went well, thats something to be proud of :)

Patti said...

LOL, I bring work home too with wild ideas of accomplishing great things. I rarely do.

Leann said...

I hope you're feeling better. I know the crud that is going around has the propensity to turn into pneumonia so take care of yourself. You bring work home because you have good intentions. I do that kind of thing all the time :-)