Monday, February 28, 2011

Bad Annabel

I went to a very important speech teacher meeting after school today and had two margaritas.  And then I stayed and had dinner with another speech teacher who also arrived late.  Then it was too late to get to band rehearsal on time so I came home and changed into pajamas and decided not to go to rehearsal – though I really should have because the music is much more difficult this time. 

And so now I’m in pajamas and sporting a bit of a headache – not sure if it was the margaritas or just the stress I constantly feel these days.  I didn’t bring any work home since I figured I’d been gone all evening.  But I did get my Mental Floss magazine in today so I’ll probably go to bed early and read it. 

Tomorrow is TAKS testing which is always a joy.  Actually, I have a pretty good deal.  I only test five students with modifications which means I read the test to them.  I’ll take my Kindle to read after the test because we can’t do anything but read when the test is done. 

I’m going to clean out my closets and drawers tomorrow and donate clothes for the people that lost their homes from the fires that were in the area yesterday.  I’ve been needing to do this for a while so this gives me an incentive to get on the ball.

There’s a job in San Antonio that I want to apply for, but I don’t know that I want to move there.  But the job seems like it would be rather awesome.  I’m going to try to get my resume done and at least put it out there and see if anything happens. 

And now I’m going to get in my bed with my magazine and call it a rather early night.

No comments: