Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A turn for better… or worse.

I hope it is good news.  Matthew got the local job so he’s sticking around for another year.  And we’re talking again…sort of.  So we’ll see what happens.  Though I partially agree with Mago that perhaps I should have just given him the boot so to speak, but my hope was always that things will get better when the job situation is figured out.  Now that it is figured out, it will be a wait and see if things improve or not.  I told him he needed to do something nice to make up for things.  So he says he will when my project is done.  He didn’t say anything in regard to Valentine’s day yesterday though, so I’m not sure about anything at this point.  Right now I’ve got to focus on my papers and not really worry about him. 

I stayed late at school so that I could get my sub plans ready.  I left around 6:30 tonight.  I heated up some leftovers for supper, had a glass of wine, and have been doing a little more research.  I’ve printed a bunch of stuff so I’m going to start writing my first paper tomorrow.  I have the next three days off from school, but I need to make myself get focused and get the job done.  My “plan” is to sleep in a little tomorrow – as in not get up at 6:15 but maybe 8:00.  The library opens at 10:00 so I’ll head there and start the process of going through all the research I’ve collected and try to get one paper written.  My goal is to write a paper a day and then spend Saturday editing everything and then submit it all on Sunday. 

I didn’t sleep well last night.  I had the two large glasses of wine and was in bed by 10:00 but then I was awake at 2:30 and didn’t fall back asleep until sometime after 5:00 and then the alarm went off at 6:15.  I’m going to take my half of ambien that I have and head to bed shortly.  I think I’ve done enough research for now.  I’ve got stacks and stacks of papers to sort through tomorrow.  Good thing I’m a fast reader. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! It sounds like a tough job but you're confident, which is very good :) jan