Sunday, January 16, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Made it home safe and sound. It's a lot colder here. Obviously. But when I left it was getting up to the 60's here and now it's in the 20's. Flight was uneventful which is always good. I generally like flying and don't mind it, but I do still get just a twinge of nervousness for some reason. I know that flying is much safer than driving, but still the thought of plunging to the ground from about 30,000 feet pops into my head from time to time. I'm not always a "religious" person and if you've read my blog for any time, you know it's something I'm kind of dealing with right now. But I have this habit of always trying to fly with my mini New Testament Bible with me. It's kind of a strange superstition. But if I don't fly with it, I worry a lot more. O.k. I'm a weirdo, I know... or as Marty would say, "You're a freak."
Marty is still sick. He hasn't shaken it and it seems to have gotten a little worse since leaving here. I feel sorry for him. I wish he felt better. I'm still amazed that I haven't gotten sick. (Hang on, I should knock on wood)
The meeting in San Antonio was pretty good overall. I got some answers to some questions I had about one of my yearbook issues. I also got a preview of what's to come for next year and beyond. Some of it was a waste of my time. Saturday afternoon was full of a session called "strategic selling". Since I don't really spend time selling it didn't do much for me.
My ring is beautiful though. It's antiqued white gold with an amythest stone. It also has two very small diamonds on the sides of it. I'll take a picture of it at some point and post it on here.
I hated the fact that I missed Josh's all-region band concert. I told my boss about it and he said that I could have flown home early instead. I guess I should have asked about that earlier, but didn't really think about it.
I still haven't received child support and I'm getting a bit ancy about it. I'm not really in the mood to call. But I do need the money to pay bills.
I have the day off tomorrow. Wooooo Hoooooo! I MUST do some work and get caught up, but I'm definitely sleeping in. I'm going to try to get the office clean. And perhaps I'll even take down the Christmas decorations. Don't laugh.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Cin said...

Don't feel bad about the Christmas decorations. I just took ours down the other day. I am going to use the excuse "I was too busy". Hmmm, wonder if that will work lol. :)