1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Attended a Catholic Mass
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Once again, I didn’t make any resolutions other than it being a better year than the one before. For the most part it was. I may not make resolutions for next year, but may have some goals.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. My friend Patrick and his wife had a baby. Although I haven't met Tiffany in person... I feel like I know her to some degree via blogging.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I can’t say we were close given the circumstances, but yes, my son’s father passed away.
5. What countries did you visit?
There’s no place like home. I hardly even made it out of state only going to New Mexico this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More faith, love, and hope. And I didn’t lack these things… just want more.
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Mid-April when Marty and I broke up. September when I started RCIA.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Changing jobs and going to church.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing Marty and not knowing exactly why.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Books. Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich and Harry Potter.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I’m not sure how to answer this one. I guess my son for doing so well in band and making the musical while still keeping his grades up.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
Nobody really. I guess myself at times.
13. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Blest Are They. It’s one of the songs we sang in choir. It reminds me of how blest I really am.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading and writing.
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry over Marty-which most likely led to our demise. I couldn’t help it at the time. I think I’ve grown up a great deal since then, but sometimes things are just a little too late.
16. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Sort of… with my Church. I also had to fall out of love, which sucked… but I can’t say I really stopped loving you know who.
17. What was your favorite TV program?
18. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Do we really need to rehash this? I think we all know the answer to this one.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Comfortable, school clothes.
21. What kept you sane?
Going to church and blogging.
22. Who did you miss?
23. Who was the best new person you met?
My wonderful friend and sponsor, Carol. She has been a wonderful blessing in my life. Also, would be re-meeting my friend Stephanie who I’d lost touch with for many years.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2005.
There are no guarantees in love. Long distance relationships may very well be impossible.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield