Monday, April 17, 2006

Ahhh Caffeine

My first coke yesterday was quite heavenly. After Mass, I went to Sonic and got a Route 44. I never get a coke that big, but I thought I could drink it all. And I pretty much did. I went to my friend Carol's house for dinner and then took Josh to the Methodist church to hang out with his friends that have a band. After that, I had pretty much finished the coke. I went home and took a nap which was a mistake. I guess the caffeine hadn't really started working at that points. But with a nap AND a whole lot of caffeine that my body wasn't used to (had another small coke with dinner), by the time it was 10:00 I wasn't tired. I made myself go to bed at 11:00 but was still awake at midnight. I got up and got online for a while and then tried to go back to bed around 1:00. I really don't remember sleeping at all. I am sure I did sleep some, but the alarm came much too early this morning. So now I just went and got myself another coke to help keep me going today. I think I'm going to have stop drinking caffeine by early evening or something. I should probably cut out cokes altogether because it has been good for me. I have slept better and I lost the weight I gained and am back down to 172 (from 180). But I just enjoy them so very much. I will try to limit myself to one a day. Gee, I am starting to sound like Prison Pete.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You are brave! I have never successfully given up Diet Coke for Lent. My hat's off to you!