Friday, April 07, 2006

I must confess

that my confession went better than I thought. At one point yesterday I felt that I wasn't ready, that I had too much to tell and I was probably forgetting something major. But I finally got to a point where I placed all in God's hands and decided that He would lead me through it. I made a list to take with me. It was shorter than I thought. Some of it I really had to sum up because there is just too many individual things to cover. I feel as though my confession was as thorough as it should have been and that I am truly repentant. I only cried once briefly in the confession itself. It was a relief afterwards, but it really hit in a major way once I got home. I cried more tears of joy, remorse and relief. It was incredible. For the first time in my life I am completely in God's grace. It was a communal reconciliation service so the penance was given before the individual confessions. After my confession, I did my penance (Say the "Our Father" and pray for the parish community) and then visited with my sponsor. She was so wonderful to wait with me and pray for me. Confession is not easy. It takes a great deal of humility to say your sins and deep dark secrets out loud, but the healing that comes afterwards is SO worth it.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I am so very happy for you. I feel a great peace will be with you now.