Monday, April 24, 2006

Weird facts meme

I was tagged by latibug so I am obliging her by posting some weird facts about myself.

Here are the rules:
Tag 6 people. List some Weird Facts about yourself. Leave a link of the blogs that you tagged so others can find them easily.

Here are the facts first. I listed 10 since that is what latibug did. I admit that these are generally taken from my 100 things list (which needs to be updated), but I offer more explanation here. Regular readers probably know most of these, but hopefully my new readers will learn something interesting (or not).

1. I hate most vegetables. I do enjoy salads, but when it comes to cooked vegetables, I only eat corn, potatoes, onions and sometimes bell peppers. I especially hate beans.

2. I don't always get the Sunday paper, but when I do I have to read it in a certain order and nobody can have parts of the paper until I am finished with them, including comics which I read last. I don't read the entire paper, but skim for things that I find interesting. And NOBODY is ever allowed to read over my shoulder. I hate it when I am reading something and I turn the page and they say "Wait, I'm not finished." Aaarrrggghhhh.

3. My son and I have the same birthday. He was born on my 21st birthday. Even more strange is the fact that I was born at 9:42 p.m. and he was born at 6:42 p.m.

4. I love to ride rollercoasters and have ridden 125 different coasters. I was a member of ACE but had to let my membership lapse due to financial issues which also include the fact that I haven't been able to ride much lately. My favorite kind of coasters are steel. I don't care much for wood coasters, but will still ride them at least once.

5. I have a "thing" about memorizing numbers and birthdays. I know social security numbers of myself, my son, and my ex-husband. I know my driver's license number as well as my mother's. I can remember all my phone numbers since 2nd grade. (except for my dorm year at college) I have probably 30+ birthdays in my head right now including people I knew in junior high.

6. I tried to be on The Price is Right once. I was in the audience and got "on camera" about four times, but never called to "Come on Down." It was a fun experience. I drove with my boyfriend at the time to California in a car with no air conditioning. That was March of 1992.

7. I leave my shoes out. This used to drive my husband crazy, but it is just who I am. Right now in the living room I count 5 pairs of shoes out. When I get into a cleaning binge I will put them away, but until then, they will stay.

8. I have never been stung by a flying insect like a wasp or a bee. I am very afraid of them and I really hope that I am never stung. Unfortunately some wasps are building a nest right outside my front door and I am trying to figure out how to deal with them without getting stung.

9. I don't like much change. I tend to order the same thing at restaurants. When I contemplated buying a new car, I was going to get the same kind I already had, just a new one. I wear favorite clothes until they fall apart or I don't fit in to them any more.

10. Athough I am not into a lot of change, I can be very spontaneous. I went to Michigan for a blind date. I once drove to San Marcos to surprise my ex (when we were dating) only to discover that he left early to come home to see me.


Here are the unlucky souls that I tagged.....if you have already been tagged, then I apologize!

Susan

Summer


Jonathon (sorry, no link as his new blog is anonymous)

Patrick
& Tiffany

Bret


Richard

3 comments:

Summer said...

Oh boy. Is there a minimum or maximum? Haha.

Andrew said...

Hey, I bit and did a little post on weird facts about me over on "Unconventional Idea." I was harder than I though it would be to come up with ten things. I started back posting over there mainlly writing about stuff I don't mind sharing unanonymously. Hope your day is going good today.

Jonathon

PEG said...

I'll have to get back to you on this one...this could take some time.