Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Thanks Garth!

For some strange reason I received a large number of hits on my blog today. I check my stats almost daily just so I have an idea of any kind of regular readers I may have. Today the following search words resulted in more than 40 hits to my blog: Garth Brooks Ex Kidnapped. I am sure you might be wondering why such words would bring people to my blog? I guess because I mentioned at one point that Garth Brooks is a favorite of mine. I have also mentioned my ex-husband on here from time to time. I also told a story about getting kidnapped for my birthday one year. So there you have it. It is so strange as to what can bring people to my blog sometimes. Take for example these search words that have also brought people here in the last few days.

how to win your lover back
spring break collage grils (<---- this one is a close favorite... but I still like the "naked girls in and around amarillo" the best.)

I do get a few hits from other blogs that have me listed on their page. I am truly grateful and flattered to be listed on someone else's site. If I am listed on your site and I have not returned the favor, do let me know. I need to update soon.

I have garnered a few new regular readers to date. I am thankful for you too. I have what I suppose is a new fan from Hereford that is reading regularly, but I am not certain who you are. Regardless, I appreciate anyone that finds what I have to say to be even remotely interesting. But even though we don't always have profound thoughts on here and much of the time it's simply reporting mundane tidbits, blogs are really addicting. When you get involved in reading about someone else's life, you just crave more... even if it's just that they went to the grocery store and bought a new pair of socks. (Jonathon-I am missing your regular postings, btw.) Blogging is I guess similar to the craze of reality shows. I find that blogs, perhaps, are more real. Most are written from the heart. They aren't written for show (well, the ones I read generally are not) but just because people feel the need to write something and throw it out into cyberspace. Through blogging we find our kindred spirits. Those that post regularly become a part of our lives. We are disappointed when a day goes by and they don't share at least a little something.

So all my fellow bloggers out there... thanks for sharing. Thanks for letting me into your lives. Keep updating and just tell it like it is. And those of you who are gracious enough to have me bookmarked, drop me a comment. Just say "hi" and let me know who you are!

3 comments:

Summer said...

I have a regular reader from Chile and I've asked them to step forward and introduce themselves, but they haven't so far. Amazing isn't it?

Andrew said...

Annabel,

I remember finding you through Prison Pete’s blog and have read everyday ever since. I like that you update almost everyday and share your life honestly on a consistent basis. It is funny how we get drawn to certain blogs and read for the longest time.

I really miss writing everyday. It has become such a habit that I enjoyed. It was also so therapeutic for me. I am contemplating starting another journal and this time being very anonymous. It is just daunting though to start from scratch again without any readers. I was careless the last time I tried to start another anonymous blog and gave out the address far too frivolously. I am going to have to be really careful this time to change all the names of the groupies and the name of the grocery store that they frequent everyday for legal reasons.

Take care of yourself and thanks for the mention. Blog on!

Jonathon

Cin said...

I have been a long time reader of your blog. Actually, I just had time over the weekend to sit down and catch up on some of your recent posts. I enjoy reading your Catholic blog too. As long as you keep posting, I will keep reading. :)