Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Impossible

First let me say that I am glad that we are in the home stretch as far as school goes. It is almost over, thank goodness. But I am trying to figure out admist a week of testing and another 6 days that I will be gone from school (more speech tournaments) how I am supposed to get everything done that needs to be accomplished. I had the brilliant idea of going ahead and having students start working on their first speech. All would have been well had the schedule been that I would have all of my classes next week. As it turns out, I will meet with all my afternoon classes but only see my morning classes on Monday. So if my afternoon classes present speeches next week, then the morning classes will be behind. If I wait, I have to have something for the afternoon classes to do for a week. Also, if I wait, then I will have to drop the second speech I had planned for them and will have to figure out a way to fill time on some days and right now I had planned on several days of writing their speeches, but many are actually almost finished now. So I am not sure what to do the next few days. I am thinking about doing a movie next week that I can incorporate a kind of speech review covering the basics of what we've learned so far. But I am still at a loss as to my planning for the weeks after the testing. The kids will have finished writing their speeches this Thursday, but then it will be another week and a half before they present them. Oh, and there's a snow day thrown in there as well which throws things off even more. I can't have them present speeches while I'm gone, nor should I expect them to be presented right after a week of testing (where I've met with some, but not all my classes) and a three day weekend. I will have them two days before I have to leave for a district tournament. Aaarrrggghhhh. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. I just need to figure out what to do with them tomorrow, I guess. Maybe I'll sleep on it and just figure it out in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really worry about you. I worry that you are going to fall out from exhaustion. I don’t see how you manage to juggle all you have to do.

I know I am not religious, but I share in your excitement over being confirmed. You make it sound so appealing and joyous. Too bad I am so much of a skeptic to believe in such things.

Annabel said...

You know, Jonathon, I was a skeptic for a very long time. I question a lot of things and since I didn't have any answers that satisfied me, I just decided to not be religious at all. I can credit my religious renewal simply to the grace of God. I can't really explain the fervor, but it has really been wonderful. I appreciate your comments very much.

And I'm just hanging in there. Some days I don't know how I do it either, but I just manage.