Saturday, April 22, 2006

Going to State

Well, I wasn't sure if it would happen, but we have a student qualified for state competition. Actually the girl qualified in two events - prose and persuasive extemp. We also have two alternates that placed 5th in their events. I don't know yet if we will fly or drive. I guess it will depend on expenses etc. But the good thing is that the school pays for this rather than it coming out of our budget. I am really exhausted though. It has been a long day. I finished my book so I am not sure what I am going to do tomorrow... probably watch a DVD on the bus. I am going to miss Mass in the morning tomorrow. Luckily I can go to the Student Center on campus. They have an evening mass on Sundays. Now that I am fully Catholic, I really don't want to miss Mass!! Next week is going to be hectic. Luckily we have Monday off from school (snow make up day). I have to take Josh to get a vest/tie for his tux and order a corsage for his date. I also have to get caught up on laundry and stuff. We are leaving after school on Wednesday for another speech tournament. This time we will be coming back on Saturday instead of Sunday. We will be heading to Abilene this time. Then we'll get back and the following week, we will head to Austin for the state tournament on either Wed. or Thurs. depending on if we drive or fly. Luckily, after that things will slow down until mid-June when we have the nationals tournament which is in Dallas this year. (Big deal!)
Well, I am off to enjoy ice cream with the speech team before hitting the bed.

No comments: