Sunday, April 16, 2006

The end of my journey

Actually it really is only the beginning. But last night I was finally brought into full communion with the Catholic Church through the sacraments of confirmation and the Eucharist. It was an absolutely wonderful experience and I couldn't be happier. I wrote some things about it on my other blog.

It was a long night, but time really seemed to go by fast. I didn't even realize that I had gotten home so late around 12:00 a.m. I got a good night's sleep, but could probably use another hour. I have to get ready to go back to church this morning though. I am singing in the Easter choir and Josh is playing his clarinet again. After church, I have been invited by my sponsor and friend, Carol to have Easter dinner at her house.

The rosaries I have been making have been well received. One of the girls that was in our class introduced me to her little brother who wanted to meet the lady that made the cool rosaries. I asked him if he wanted one and he said yes. So I will go get more beads tomorrow. My dad gave me some money as a gift and I can't think of a better way to spend it. This girls family was there and now her mom has mentioned the possibility of being in the next RCIA class. I think that is so wonderful!

My sponsor gave me a beautiful crucifix as a gift. I absolutely love it. Now I have two! I also got another rosary from my friends Patrick and Tiffany. It is really beautiful. Two other girls in my class gave me small crosses as well. The blessings just don't stop!

No comments: