Friday, September 14, 2007

On My Lunch Break

Normally I work through my lunches. I actually spent the first ten minutes working on updating webpages. I finally decided I needed food especially since I didn't eat last night. I just finished a turkey club sandwich from Stouffer's. It was pretty good.

I didn't really update yesterday, so here's my full day from yesterday. I got to school on time around 7:45. I did work in my room until the bell at 8:20. I had a full day of classes. My debate students started recording their This I Believe essays. I'll post a link to them later when they're all finished. My speech students took a test and almost everyone passed which is a nice surprise. Once I hand them back, they should all pass because I let them correct them and give them half credit back. I finally made a list of all the things I needed to get done but I'm not even close. I am accomplishing things, but as I get one thing done, three more things pop up. I am trying to prioritize, but it seems that everything needs to be done first. We had a speech team meeting after school and then I stayed to work with some students and some just stayed to get some work done. I left school at 6:15 and rushed home. I changed into jeans and then immediately headed to the church for choir rehearsal.

I've missed singing with the women's ensemble. It's been a long time since I've done it since we take a break from it in the summer and the last several times, I've played my clarinet instead of sing. I enjoyed it even though I still contend that I can't really sing... I just like it. I was at rehearsal from 7:00 until 9:20. I came home and decided it was too late to fix something to eat so I just didn't eat. I went to bed shortly after 10:00 and I was awake by 5:00 for whatever reason. I tried to go back to sleep, but I gave up at 5:45. It was a good thing because I needed to copy a bunch of poems for my interp class and I remembered that I have to do morning duty on Fridays. I left home around 6:45 this morning and got to school by 7:20. I got the poems copied and then did my duty in the cafeteria.

Now I'm feeling a little guilty that I've spent this time blogging instead of working. But not too guilty. Tonight I'll take it easy (hopefully) and then tomorrow I hope I can get a hair cut. I'm going with the band to the football game in Lubbock tomorrow starting around 3:00. I need to find some books or something to read on the bus. Well, I better get back to work.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Take it easy tonight and catch up on your favorite blogs. I kind of wish you had the weekend off to rest, but hopefully the band trip will be fun. Take care and thanks for the update!

Andrew

Summer said...

Get some rest tonight. You're always so busy, giving so much to others. I don't want you to feel guilty about giving yourself a small pleasure.

Sweet dreams.

Annabel said...

I am definitely going to take it easy. I'm already tired and could go to bed right now. I'm going to force myself to stay up until at least 10:00. If I don't, it will be a very long night tomorrow.
I'd read all my favorite blogs, but not many have been updated.