Sunday, October 02, 2011

Another weekend comes to an end

I finally got some rest.  I was up late watching Psych last night and finally went to bed sometime after midnight.  But I was able to sleep in this morning – didn’t get up until past 9:00.  I headed to the store for my normal weekend shopping.  Walmart isn’t as crowded on Sunday mornings.  Unfortunately, I’ve been having a sweet tooth lately and the Halloween candy is out.  I bought a big bag of chocolate that I don’t need.  I came home and started working on my powerpoint for my orientations with the English classes.  I still need to do worksheets, but my classes for tomorrow have been rescheduled so I’m not going to rush to get it done tonight. 

Tuesday I’m going to help as a chaperone for the band at an event at the stadium.  All the bands come together to perform so it will be interesting.  I’m supposed to bring my clarinet and play as well.  It will be a long night, but will be interesting to hear the bands – see what kind of talent is in San Antonio.  The cool thing about living here is that the state marching contest is held at the Alamodome in November so I could see it then.  It would be great if my alma mater made it again.  Josh went to contest with the band his sophomore year and I went as a chaperone. 

So it was mostly another lazy day for me which I am glad to have.  If I were still teaching at Hereford, I would have had to go to a speech speech tournament yesterday and I would feel like I didn’t get anything done.  Though I didn’t get as much done as I should have this weekend, I’m not sweating it.  I have clean clothes and I did do the dishes so I’m good to go.  I’m going to head to bed soon and try to get up a little earlier tomorrow morning.

No comments: