Friday, October 07, 2011

Time to mow again

I’m going to have to mow tomorrow morning again.  Not looking forward to that.  But these damn weeds keep growing as fast as ever – even without rain. 

The last two days of school were a little more rough.  One class on Thursday was probably the rudest I’ve ever encountered.  They were a class of students that were supposed to have gone on to high school already, but for whatever reason – can’t pass or get out of middle school.  They were full of attitude and completely disrespectful.  The positive side is that I don’t have to deal with them all the time.  I invited my principal to come observe me this week.  She did stop by briefly.  She sent me an email that said I was doing an outstanding job and that she was glad that I was there.  So that was a positive end to my week. 

Last week I bought the book “The Help.”  I’ve wanted to see the movie, but I’d rather read the book first.  So I’ve started reading it.  It’s pretty good so far.  Tonight I’ve had the t.v. on watching Psych and reading some.  I had some chicken and potatoes for dinner, cheesecake for dessert and now I’m enjoying some popcorn.  Guess it’s good that I’ll work up a sweat mowing in the morning.  Monk is coming on next. 

1 comment:

Leann said...

What you describe is the very reason I would only teach the first few grades, were I ever to become a teacher of any kind. The rudeness, and disrespect fullness of children 'of an age', would end badly :-)

I hope you are settling in and enjoying your new home. I am off to catch up on your posts. :-)