Saturday, October 01, 2011

I hate mowing

In spite of it being a Saturday and wanting to sleep in, I got up shortly before 8 this morning so I could mow the yard yet again.  It wasn’t as bad as last week since I only mowed the front, but it was still somewhat exhausting.  I think it also stirs up stuff that I’m allergic to because after I finished I could feel allergies coming on in addition to a headache.  So I took a claritin and some tylenol and went back to bed.  It seemed to help.  I eventually fell asleep and got up a little before 11:00.  I took a shower and headed into San Antonio.  I had to drop off my rent check so it wouldn’t be late.  It was across town so while in that area, I stopped at Chipotle to eat.  It is one of my favorite places and now that I live in a bigger city, I can go when I want to.  They make these huge burritos filled with rice, choice of meat, peppers, onions, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce, and salsa – at least that is how I order mine.  You can also have beans and guacamole if you should choose. 

My GPS has become a bit infuriating.  It seems as though it has no idea how to get me where I want.  On more than one occasion today it tried to take me to the wrong location today.  I spent probably an hour or so just back tracking to find the stores that I wanted to get to.  I went to an education supply store in search of things to give out as prizes for library orientations on Monday.  I didn’t find anything.  Then I went to office max, Michaels, a toy store, Hobby Lobby, and Big Lots.  At big lots, I found bookshelves for $25 each so I bought five of them.  They are simple and though I would prefer something nicer, I don’t have the budget for what I’d really like.  Now it’s a matter of putting them together.  I figure I might try to do one every night and have them done by next weekend.  I really want to get all my books out of the boxes that they’ve been sitting in since I moved in. 

After all the shopping, I came home and watched t.v., surfed the internet, and heated up leftover pizza for dinner.  I made homemade pizza last night.  Now I’m watching Psych and planning to head to bed shortly.  Not sure about tomorrow – going to do some house cleaning and go to the store. 

No comments: