Sunday, October 23, 2011

A pretty darn good day

I got to sleep in some this morning.  I originally intended to get up around 8, but I ended up sleeping until 9.  That was fine though.  I got up and filled my car with gas and then found a car wash that I was able to go through quickly.  I then went to Walmart to get just enough stuff to get my by until payday which is Wednesday.  I picked up a few packets of dog and cat food and a few frozen meals for lunches.  After that I cam home and mowed my lawn (again) and then did some house cleaning and put together another set of shelves.  I have just one more to do and my bookshelves will be ready for me to unpack all my books.  I then got ready to head to Six Flags for some coasters.  My friend Brent came around 3:00 and we headed to the park.  It took about 30 minutes to drive across town.  We went inside and then rode a fairly tame coaster to begin with, then headed to Superman.  It was a great ride as always.  We then rode Goliath, Poltergeist and then Superman again.  I bought a picture of me and Brent on the coaster and looked for some Marvin the Martian things but didn’t find anything I didn’t have to have.  We left the park around 6:30 and headed downtown for dinner.  It seems tonight was some kind of “Zombie Walk” but we were able to find parking and then we went to the Menger bar for a top shelf margarita.  From there we went to the Riverwalk and walked until we found a place to eat.  I can’t remember the name of the place – but it served Mexican food so we had another margarita and I ordered fajitas and he had a chile relleno.  The food was really good and I was completely stuffed.  We walked back to the car and drove back to my place.  I had a wedding gift to give him that I hadn’t before so I gave it to him.  He headed home and now I’m heading to bed very soon.  It was a really nice day spent with a good friend.  Just an FYI – Brent is my friend from high school who just married his boyfriend Leo, but Leo is still living in Minneapolis at the moment. 

Tomorrow is inservice meetings so that means I have to get to school early to set up the projector, ELMO (visual presenter), and a computer.  It’s going to be a busy week in the library.  I have two classes coming in Tuesday, then on Wednesday I have a monthly meeting.  Thursday are two more classes and I can’t remember what’s going on Friday.  I’m still loving the job so I can’t complain too much at this point.  The only down thing right now is that the library guy hasn’t replied to my last email yet.  Not sure if he’s been busy this weekend and hasn’t had a chance or what.  Guess I’ll wait and see.  Maybe I should call him??  For now, I’ve got to get these contacts out and get to bed!

1 comment:

Leann said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day and how lucky you are to have a friend you can spend it with! Have a lovely week.