Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ready for November

I’m not necessarily looking forward to another birthday next month, but I’m looking forward to the fact that I’ll get to spend some time with Josh.  He’s going to come back to San Antonio the weekend of the 12th so we can go to dinner and celebrate our birthdays.  The weekend before that, he’s going back to Canyon to see his girlfriend and go to the high school musical.  We are also going to Vegas for Thanksgiving.  We’ve both purchased our airline tickets.  I’ve reserved the hotel and he has bought show tickets for Penn & Teller.  I’m starting to feel more of a sense of loneliness here.  I’m making new acquaintances at work and in band, but can’t say I’ve developed any friendships yet.  I do miss my friends back home.  I haven’t heard from Marty or Matthew or really anyone lately.  It’s not horrible, because I’m kind of a loner of sorts and most of the time I don’t mind being alone.  I guess I’m missing a few of the connections I used to have.  I know it takes time to develop those connections so I just need to be patient.

Nothing more to report really.  Going to work.  Come home.  Make dinner.  Watch t.v.  I did finish reading “The Help.”  Now I guess I need a new book.  I should find some things in my library to read so I can start making more recommendations to students.

No comments: