Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What If's

O.k. I don't spend a lot of time with the What-if's any more. It's not to say that I don't ever ponder such things, but I'm truly worrying less than I was.
But had to think of one today that reiterates my need to consider going back to teaching. Had to take Josh to the doctor. He was upset last night thinking maybe he had kidney stones due to some pain in his side & back. I didn't really think he was old enough to have them but he had done research on the symptoms & was concerned. What got me was that he asked how our money situation was before he told me and when he did he was very upset by it. I told him that if he had health issues that we'd deal with it regardless of our money situation. I told him I'd take him to the doctor the next day and not to worry about it. I didn't think he really had a kidney stone, but perhaps an infection that might need antibiotics. But I had to think of the what-if it's something actually more serious and tests were needed and how much all of that would cost. No, of course I didn't mention it to Josh, but it's another reason that having health insurance is so crucial right now. We've been very, very lucky and I know I truly have God to thank for that. Doctor didn't think it was kidney stones and Josh is fine, but if I get a job offer soon, I may just have to jump on it.
My car is o.k. too. The engine light that came on yesterday indicated that perhaps there wasn't a good seal around the gas cap so I may just need a new one.
I tried to get the last two documents for my annulment, but once again Richard's bad memory has gotten in the way. (No offense Richard, just stating a point :) ) I was able to get a copy of his divorce decree from his first marriage, but there was no record of his marriage in Potter county. I tried to call him, but he wasn't accepting calls today. (I think he's in training or something) So I called his mother. She told me that they were married in Hereford. So I guess I need to head back there to get a copy of the marriage license. Once I get that I'll be ready to proceed with the annulment.
I sent a response to my friend Bret regarding his concerns about the Catholic Church. Don't know if I explained things well enough, but I still can't find any Catholic teaching that isn't explained to my satisfaction in a variety of sources. I hope to hear from him tomorrow and perhaps make plans to get together at some point. It will be good to see him again.
And that's my exciting life at this point. I feel exhausted today and will go to bed early tonight. I have to be up pre-dawn and head BACK to Sunray. That drive is getting old really fast.

No comments: