Monday, May 02, 2005

What's up with the weather?

O.k. I'm really getting tired of winter thrusting itself here. I want spring to come and stay.

I headed to my schools this morning and the engine light in my car came on. I hadn't gotten too far so I turned around and headed back home so I could check it out. I figured my oil was low, which it was, but the light hasn't gone off since adding some. But it may need to just sit for a while. If not, I'll take it to my dad to check out. I didn't feel comfortable driving it all over the place today. So I'm home catching up on housework I've neglected for a while.

I'm also working on a response to my friend from California. He sent me another email. Turns out he found my blog and I think some of the things I wrote hit him the wrong way. He apologized to me for his lack of attentiveness over the years. I sent him a short reply back stating that I wasn't upset by that or with him in any way. I understood that as people move away and move on in their lives they can't always stay in touch. I also told him that I knew he would have concerns over my conversion and that we can agree to disagree as friends. He told me some of the problems he has with the Church so I'm working on a longer response to him. This is good for me in that it's making me really understand my reasons why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Tonight I'm going to a mother's/daughter's dinner at the church. I think it will be good to be able to get to meet some of the other people in the church. Going to Mass and then leaving doesn't give me much opportunity.

Well, I better go check the oil in my car again.

No comments: