Friday, November 17, 2006

I have no life

Sure, I'm busy all the time, but I really have no life. Take for example the fact that it's 5:00 p.m. and I'm already in my pajamas. I have nothing to do this Friday evening and nowhere to go. Luckily I don't have a speech tournament for another two weeks. Josh is out of town at a playoff game. I'm here at home contemplating taking a nap, cooking something to eat, or watching t.v. Sure, the down time is good, but it's not quite enough to get much accomplished. It would be a perfect evening to go on a date, but we all know how my love life is fairing at the moment. I have to say that match.com was the biggest waste of money for me. I don't know if the guys on there are so shallow that they won't give me the time of day or if my profile offends people or I'm really not as good as I think I am. It sure is a blow to my ego. Oh well. No great loss there. It's not like I really wanted to meet someone online anyways. I still don't put much stock in it. I would just like to go out on a real date every once in a while. I don't need or necessarily want a husband at this point. Some companionship would be nice. I had a really nice dream the other night. I dreamed about someone and I was touching their hand for some reason and then there was that tingly moment when you realize that the touch is something more than platonic. I love those kinds of dreams. I miss those moments. That well of excitement when you are with someone new or you find out that your crush is interested in you. The first time they hold your hand or kiss you and a surge of energy rushes through your body. Now that is just making me depressed. I guess I'll go figure out what there is to eat. I'd order thai take-out, but that means I'd have to get dressed to go pick it up.

2 comments:

Summer said...

That made a wistful thought pass by...

Susanlee said...

I miss those things too...it's different when you're married.