Saturday, November 18, 2006

The weekend is half over

But at least we have thanksgiving break coming up soon. Today I went to the choir rehearsal. I'm hanging in there, but I'm pretty lost singing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. It goes pretty high and I'm not quite able to reach some of those pitches so I just have to lay out. After rehearsal I went to my dad's shop and left the Honda there so he could tune it up for Josh and I picked up my new/used car. It feels a bit different being so low to the ground but it drives very smoothly. I went to the mall so I could spend my $50 Dillard's gift card that I got for my birthday. I attempted Christmas shopping, but it didn't go well. I really hate Christmas shopping. I don't know what to get people. I usually end up either making something or buying dinner gift cards. Although I'm doing pretty well with crocheting, that takes time and I can't get enough things finished by Christmas. I'm working on a throw for a friend of mine and it will probably take a few more weeks given the amount of free time I have. At Dillard's it took a while to find all the decent sales stuff. The women's department has been completely moved upstairs so things weren't where I was used to finding them. The sales items of course are always in the back, but I'm pretty persistent I very rarely ever buy anything at full price in Dillard's. After about an hour and a half I settled on 4 shirts and a pair of Khaki pants (to replace the pair that my dog ruined). I think I got a pretty good deal as the total was $92 and I had the $50 gift card so I only paid $42 for all of it. After the mall I headed home and then took a brief nap. Shopping is so tiresome. Then I got up and cleaned out the car of all of my dad's junk. There were still some ashes in the ash tray from when my mom briefly drove it. I then went to fill it up with gas and run it through the car wash. After that I went to the store getting groceries and other necessities. I got home a short while ago and put a frozen pizza in the oven.
Last night I gave in and ordered thai take out. I picked it up and watched t.v. I was going to go to bed early, but I discovered that a new episode of Monk was coming on. Of course I had to stay up for that. I went to bed around 10 but Josh called me at 10:45 to tell me that the football team won their playoff game. That means they have another game next weekend. I was kind of relieved to have an excuse to not go to Albuquerque. I think we'll go out to eat on Thanksgiving and keep it simple this year. Well, the pizza is almost done, so I'm going to go eat and probably watch a little t.v.

No comments: