Thursday, March 22, 2007

At least it's Friday

Well.. technically in terms of a school week it is Friday because there's no school tomorrow. We do have a competition tomorrow so I guess that is sort of like a Saturday. So I guess that means Saturday is a Sunday and Sunday is a Sunday or something like that. Regardless, it's the last day of the week and tomorrow I get to sleep in. That's always a good thing. Night before last I was awake at 4:00 a.m. and really didn't fall back to sleep. I was dragging all day. Then yesterday in the middle of 5th period I had a pain in my hip. It was quite weird and caused me to walk with a bit of a limp. It stayed that way most of the afternoon and subsided a bit by evening. Last night I took 1 1/2 tylenol pm and 2 regular tylenols. I slept much better and this morning the pain is mostly gone. It was very strange. I went to choir rehearsal last night. We are singing for several Masses during Holy Week. I think it will be awesome. Our choir has grown considerably. We have about 22 people committed to sing during the celebrations. Usually we only have about 5 or 6.

It's raining today. I'm sure Andrew already knows this but it came as a surprise to me. This morning when I left it was nice and I didn't need a jacket. I just ran an errand and it is much cooler and rainy. There's a little bit of thunder, but not much. This is Josh's kind of weather. I'm sure he's ecstatic about it. It's the kind of day I would like to be curled up in a blanket in front of the t.v. with a bowl of chili and rice.

I do have a favor to ask of you. My brother's girlfriend is doing a project as she is finishing up her degree to become a nurse practitioner. If you wouldn't mind going and visiting her website and then clicking on the Please Sign In page and fill out the comment form, she would be most appreciative. She wants to incorporate the comments into her final report.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I gave my students an incentive to do well. I promised them a party at my house if we have 12 qualify for regionals. Well, that's all the news in my world.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Yeah, I have been watching the weather in West Texas. You know me. Weather Obsessed. I would love to get some thunder here. Tell Josh he is my kindred spirit about such days.
We are in a drought at the moment and badly need some rain for Spring.

Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow. I will be thinking of you when I am up at my usual time of 4am. I so wish I could just sleep. If I was working, I would probably have the opposite problem.

Andrew

Summer said...

OK. I'm going to be the nurse and the big sister here. Too much tylenol! If you're going to take the PM stuff and you feel you need some additional pain reliever, take some ibuprofen. Tylenol will hurt your liver big time. And... if you take the ibuprofen, make sure it's on a full stomach, as it will chew a hole right through it.

OK, that's enough preaching. It's good to read you. I hope you have a good weekend. What songs are you singing for Easter?