Monday, March 26, 2007

Yet Another Long Day

It didn't help that I didn't go to bed until shortly before midnight last night. I was on the computer (during my "free" day of Lent) trying to get my email changed on all the websites in which I have a logon i.d. My cable company changed and now I am FORCED to change the email that I have had for the past seven years. I'm a little perturbed by the whole thing, but I'm managing to slowly get it done. The problem is that sometimes I forget my logon i.d. or password because some places require numbers in the password and some don't and, well... you know how it is. So when you forget, they can send it to you via email... but if I don't change the email on file with them, then I won't be able to get it after April 22. So I figured out all the places I often visit (like ebay, expedia, amazon and such) and I'm slowly getting things switched over. I also decided to keep track off all the logon id's and passwords. I didn't want to save the information in a file on my computer so I bought one of those dinky little address books at Walmart and I'm keeping everything in there. That way when I forget, I can easily whip it out and look it up.

This evening I am still at school. We have a freshman orientation meeting tonight and I have to be there to promote the speech team for next year. It doesn't start until 7:15, so I'm here in my room once again avoiding grading papers. I am just so unmotivated in that respect right now. I do have to get some grades in soon. The end of the six weeks is only two weeks away. I did get personal profiles graded this afternoon. I need to enter some grades for debate and interp.

Now I'm debating whether I should leave and go get something to eat or if I should just wait until the thing is over tonight. I'm not that hungry right now, but I'm not sure if I can wait until 8:00 tonight either. I'm also afraid that if I leave, I'll lose my parking spot because of parents coming to the orientation meeting. I think I'll stick it out. If I get hungry, I have some soup or other snacks that I can eat.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I thought I was the only one to forget passwords. Nice to know I'm not :-)