Saturday, March 17, 2007

Successful day so far

I think I'm down to about the last 5% of my stuff and it's a little after 1:00. I'm still amazed at some of the things that people have taken.. but not really. There's a few games left, computer printers (ancient, but still work), some stuffed animals and a few kitchen type items. I even found a home for the dog! I put up a poster about her and actually my former sister-in-law's sister took her. She said that she would take her to her husband and if he didn't like her, she'd bring her back... and she hasn't been back. I almost feel bad about it except I realize that I can't take care of her. She needs a place to run and they are going to be moving to a place with 5 acres. She has also destroyed too many things at the house including the charger to my camera. I was up before dawn this morning and I'm really tired, but hanging in. The first person to show up came just as it was beginning to be almost light enough to see and he brought his own flashlight. That was around 7:35. I still made some money today. I had two people insist on giving me something... so I have made $1.10. That's enough for a junior bacon cheeseburger at Wendy's! I just put up a sign outside that said "Everything is Free - help yourself (except for the tables). If you have questions, knock on the door." That way I could come in and have lunch.
It's turned out to be quite a nice day today. It was quite chilly this morning at 42 degrees, but right now it's 74 and hardly a breeze. (That's for you, Andrew). Well, I need to shut my computer down so that we can see if Josh's computer isn't working because of the networked needing to be refreshed. Hope y'all are having a happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Billy said...

Hope you aren't too tired. Looks like you accomplished quite a bit. Knew you would though. You are always working. Just like me. I need a break. How bout you?