Friday, March 02, 2007

TFA State

Well, it's officially started and I have no idea how my kids are doing. I do know that the duets aren't doing very well, but I have no idea on the individual events. Luckily, I was able to be released early last night from the Tab room. I found out yesterday that my student that was alternate to Nationals is going to get to go. One of the other competitors moved into another event because of another one that isn't going to go and now my student gets the spot. We surprised her at Wendy's (the restaurant) last night. I wrote on a napkin "Katie - Guess What?" and then on the inside it said "You're qualified for Nationals in Extemp!" We had a person working there deliver the napkin to her and she was so blonde that she turned to us and said "I don't get it." I said "Did you read it?" She said, "Yes, but what am I supposed to guess?" I told her to open it. The shock and surprise on her face was priceless. She was very excited.

The tab room was very boring yesterday. I liked working on the computers better last year though that was boring too. The problem is that I know very few people in there and so I pretty much just keep to myself. I don't make friends easily I guess. I am working the duet acting table which means that we check the ballots when they come in and then send them to the computer people to enter the rankings. We also get the ballots ready to go to the judges table as well. Once the ballots are out or in, we have down time. They don't want us to leave much so we just sit around. I did enjoy having my new mp3 player though. I also brought my laptop but I didn't really use it. I tried to get a wireless signal and it didn't work very well. I'm going to leave the laptop here today and not lug it around. I have been trying to read one of my books but I just can't get into it very well. I bought the Zodiac book about the Zodiac killer, but so far it's a kind of slow read. I do have some other books so I may start one of those instead.

Well, that's all the excitement in my world. We have another long day at the tournament, but thankfully we did get to sleep in this morning. I'm taking students at 11:00 to go eat then get to the tournament. It's Friday so I can't eat meat. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about food today. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Hope all is well in my reader's worlds.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I hope your students all do well and it's so kewl that your alternate student got to participate!!

Have fun and keep up the awesome job blogging.