Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Still working

I did get up this morning and go to Mass. I came home and started some laundry and then went back to bed for about 45 minutes. After getting up I continued working on my desk area. I am proud to say that it's clean, but that's really because I moved a bunch of stuff off of it that eventually will be replaced, but for now it's clean. The daunting task ahead of me is sorting through the tons of CDs that I seem to have collected over the years. Some are music, some are software, some are backed up files from multiple computers and others are a complete mystery as to what is on them. But I am making progress. I'm getting laundry done and actually folded and put away. I really enjoyed sleeping on my soft sheets. I even wore my special silky pajamas. I also put together 3 bags of clothing to donate to charity. I sorted through the remaining baby clothes I had. I'm taking some to my brother's girlfriend/wife for my nephew and some I'm sending to my cousin Amanda for her little boy. The rest is bagged up along with some other things. I got rid of a bunch of lingerie that I had. I never wear it and some of it is too small. It simply filled up a drawer that I could use for more important things like t-shirts and sweat pants... oh my ex-husband would shiver at that thought... but since I have nobody to impress, I might as well be comfortable. Well, I guess I should quit taking all these breaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you gave up blogging for "lent". It seems that your loophole has gotten wider, or you have given up on giving up.

I have no idea what the rules are, but you seemed to make such a big deal of it a while back, that it seems odd for you to be back doing this so casually.

I am trying not to sound critical, but I just don't understand the reasoning behind giving something up for your religion, only to not follow through, yet maintain being religious.

To me 40 days is not a big deal. I gave up smoking after doing so for 14 years. I had a choice of having a family or having an addiction. I chose a family and it was a simple thing to do.

I am not trying to put you down, but just being nosy. I really have no idea how strict the rules regarding "lent" are.