Wednesday, March 14, 2007

To my anonymous commenter

I just love how when people are critical, they are afraid of revealing themselves and have to post anonymously. If you have something to say, then own up to it and don't be a coward hiding behind anonymity. But to answer your question, I gave up the internet at home for Lent aside from email. I decided that browsing the web and reading blogs were the biggest obstacle for me and would be something difficult for me to set aside. I did not give up blogging per se, I gave up the general browsing and such that I would do instead of other productive things. And in case you didn't read in the previous post, I found a way to post blogs via email so I am still not accessing the web which is my distraction. I do this because I do have some regular readers that appreciate that I post often. I am not reading their blogs and I'm only posting about my day for their sake, not mine.

I did have to go online to get the instructions to post via email and because I broke my own rule for myself, I said a rosary last night in penance. Giving up something is not a requirement of the season of Lent although people are encouraged to give up something or perhaps add something beneficial such as more prayer or exercise. We are to be more mindful of Christ's suffering through our sufferings. We should pray
more and do acts of charity. I am trying to do all of the above. I went to Mass this morning despite the fact that normally I would sleep in during my break. I've gone to adoration and am looking forward to going to the Stations of the Cross on Friday.

I am not perfect, but the great thing is that Christ forgives us even when we are sinners. I am thankful for that. I would direct you to other sites to understand more about the season of Lent, but alas, I cannot get online to do so. If you want more information, you could go to www.catholic.com.

1 comment:

Summer said...

If any of us were perfect, our name would be Jesus and we wouldn't need lent to teach us about self discipline, suffering and above all that we are human and are forgiven.

I'm not Catholic, but I do understand.

The garage thing is making me laugh. How did you make out today?