Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Just three more days

That's what is keeping me hanging on at the moment. I went to bed by 10:00 last night though I could have easily gone to bed at 9:00. I woke at 6:00 a.m. and was not ready to get up at all. I rolled out of bed around 6:25 and got ready. I'm still tired and I don't want to be at school. The kids probably don't want to be here either, but I still have 20 minutes until class starts. I should be updating grades or sorting through my piles of papers or something, but it's just not going to happen. I will probably come up to the school at least one day during spring break.

I finally made it to the grocery store. I know I shouldn't go when I'm hungry, but I did and now I have lots of snack items. I made homemade pizza last night with salad. I didn't do much of anything last night. I watched NCIS and then CSI. Not being able to get on the computer has been very difficult. I just left it in my backpack so I wouldn't be tempted. I'm not sure how I am going to manage during spring break. But I do have some grandiose plans of yet again cleaning out my garage. (How many times is it now, Summer? I've lost count.) I am going to put an ad in the paper for a free garage sale. I really just need to get rid of all the extra junk that I have in there. I am going to try to go to some daily masses, but with the time change happening, I'm not sure if it's going to happen. Ugh, the time change. I am so not looking forward to it at all. I'm sure I'll be grumpy for a few weeks until I get adjusted.

I think my readership has dropped because of not posting every day. I knew that it would be a risk I'd take by giving up the internet at home for Lent. I don't know this for certain, but comments have been quite lacking - not that I'm urging you to comment, but that was something that let me know that some people were still reading. Ah well... as Andrew puts it "The things people do for religion." I wanted to choose something this year that would have an impact on me and it certainly has! I realize how much I rely on the internet for practically everything!

I probably will at least read more without the internet as a distraction. I did finish the book on the Zodiac and so now I can watch the movie when it comes out. The book was o.k., but it was very slow in some places. The fact that he was never caught gives the feeling of it being "unfinished" which is a kind of "duh", but I guess I just wanted more. I have several other books to keep me busy. I am planning on reading "The DaVinci Code" despite being a good, strong Catholic. I think one has to take the book as it being a piece of FICTION and not get your panties in a wad over it. I don't think reading it will make me question my faith.

Well, class is about to start so I better get myself in teaching mode.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think maybe we gave up leaving comments for lent? Just kidding. I read every time you update, but I rarely leave a comment.

As for the DaVinci code? You're exactly right on. It's fiction. You can tell because not once in the main action of the story (which takes place over about 30 hours, if I recall) do they eat or stop to go to the bathroom.

I'm with you on the exhaustion factor. Hit the wall today myself. Hang in there.

Andrew said...

I still stop in everyday and read. I just haven't commented because I wasn't sure you were getting them or able to read them on a regular basis.

Thanks so much for the mentions. They make me smile. Your meal the other day sounded just like something Helen would cook for Dad. Anything with the words fried and chicken in it sounds good to me. LOL

Take care and know we are still out here reading. I can't wait for you to get a good break coming up.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Just dropped by.
The Da-Vinco-Code is just a novel. Do you seriously think it could have an impact on your faith? Sorry, this question sounds not appropriate - this is not the spanish inquisition. I am simply curious about the impact of a book. I would like to read about your impression.

Summer said...

You made me laugh out loud!!! I'm not sure how many times it's been, but mine needs it just as bad.

I admire you for giving this up for Lent.

I'm just waiting for Easter!

Leann said...

I say kudos to you for giving up the internet, cause it kills me to do it. I don't have online access except when I'm at my daughter's which is not often enough and it just KILLS me to not be online or to post on my blog. Altho all I seem to do lately is whine....sorry

Cin said...

I have gotten so far behind on reading both of your blogs...sheesh!

As for your "Free Garage Sale", it's a good thing my sister-in-law does not live near you. She would probably take everything off your hands in one swoop! I hate to say, but she is a clutter bug and is prone doing things like that. I love her dearly, but dang!
Anyway, the free garage sale thing is a good idea though. :)