Sunday, March 18, 2007

Dreading Monday

I hate the fact that I didn't get to school at all last week. There's so many things I wanted to get done before going back, but I guess it will be there waiting for me when I return tomorrow morning. I have decided that it's better to ease my way into the time change instead of having to instantly get up an hour earlier. I think I will be able to handle getting up early better now.

I went to the 11:15 Mass this morning and I sang and played my clarinet. (No, not at the same time.) I sang on the opening song and they played the rest of the time. After church, I went to my choir director's new house that she and her husband just bought. They finally settled down with a house in town instead of always commuting from Amarillo. They invited our priest over to bless the house for them. I thought that was a wonderful idea. We all visited for a while and had some wine, then I came home and had some lunch. I started a roast cooking in the crock pot this morning, but it wasn't done at lunch, but it smelled wonderful. It's now done and I'm going to go enjoy some for dinner shortly. I'm finding how much I do enjoy cooking and making dinner instead of constantly going out or cooking frozen meals. My house is still clean, but there's still laundry to do and the extra bedroom. My goal will be to finish cleaning it this week. I also need to finish the garage, but that is just a matter of some organization.

All the garage sale stuff is gone! By the end of the day yesterday everything I had left fit into two boxes except for two printers and the computer monitor. I called the lady that had stopped by on Saturday and sure enough, she came and picked it all up including the large empty boxes that I had left out as well. It is such a relief to have all of it gone! I'm sure I still have more to get rid of, but at least what is now in the garage isn't overwhelming.

I enjoyed being able to catch up on everyone's blogs! I was happy to see Pipe Tobacco posting again, though I understand what a great sadness he is feeling right now. I will continue to pray for him along with all my fellow bloggers. Well, that roast is calling my name so I better go eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annabel!!

I found you thru Andrews blog. I spent most of yesterday and this morning catching upo with his blog and then spent the rest of the day today reading bits and pieces of your entries.

Although I am no longer a practicing catholic I was rasied as one for 17yrs and I understand completely the giving things up for lent. I still find myself avoiding eating meat on frisdays during lent though I haven't been in church for years. So good for you for trying and suceeding in giving up internet activities. I don't think I could do it!

I need to do to my house what you did to your house during your break. With 2 kids 3 cats a dog and a hubby my house always looks like a disaster area and I don't work!

I have played with the idea of starting a blog but am, by turns, scared people read it and petrified that they won't.

I hope you have an easy day at school tomorrow that first day back is always the hardest....

looking forward to reading more as your time allows..pf

Terri said...

You did an excellent job on your home! The free garage sale was a great idea and I bet you will just love coming home from work this week; its like a new place. Enjoy!