Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cleaning Machine

** I only partially cheated on posting this… I sent it via email although I did have to briefly logon to figure out how to publish via email. But I've promised myself to say a rosary tonight as penance.**

Well, I guess it's time to cover what I've been doing lately. On Monday I turned into a cleaning machine and spent most of the afternoon and evening cleaning the kitchen. It looks mighty fine if I say so myself. I even cleaned out cabinets and made things more accessible. There's still more cabinets to go through, but I only have a week. This morning (Tuesday) I got up early at 8:15 a.m. – yes that's early for spring break – and I cleaned out the refrigerator. I realize that it looks like I'm an alcoholic. I have about 4-5 bottles of drink mixers (margarita mix, etc.) in my fridge. But I guess if I truly were an alcoholic, I wouldn't have all that in there. Actually, I can't remember the last time I had a mixed drink at home.

I went to the newspaper office and placed an ad for my free garage sale
so I'm committing myself to actually going through with cleaning out my
garage. I will get to it hopefully by Thursday. I put down Saturday as
the date so that will give me two days to get it done… which shouldn't
be a problem.

I started on the entry way this afternoon and reorganized the two closets there. While cleaning the kitchen I put lots of stuff in the entry way that had to be cleared – most of which is now in the living room and I'm sitting her dumbfounded because I don't know what to do with all the stuff at this point. I've been sitting in my chair staring
at the shelves of books to the left of my computer and I just don't know where to begin. I have stacks of old bills to sort through and file among all sorts of other papers that somehow have accumulated. I have cords, pens, pencils, cd's and lots of other junk surrounding my desk.

The thing about me when I actually clean, I really clean. I get things organized and throw out lots of stuff and clean all the nooks and crannies. My goal is to have the living room done tonight or at least by tomorrow afternoon. I did get Josh's bathroom cleaned and mopped so that leaves me with my bedroom, my bathroom, and the craft/guest room before tackling the garage. I at least want to get my bedroom/bathroom done before Thursday. I can save the craft room for Sunday. It does feel good to have a nice clean kitchen…I actually want to cook in it now.

Well, that's all the stuff going on here in mi casa. I guess I should quit procrastinating and get back to cleaning.

No comments: