Friday, November 18, 2011

In a happier place

Don’t you just love the mood swings in this blog?  A few weeks ago I was downtrodden and feeling lonely.  Today I’m realizing that things aren’t really too bad.  It was a busy day at school.  I didn’t get to work on anything that I intended to work on, but still had plenty to do.  Lots of students visited today.  After school, a group of fellow teachers met at a local bar/restaurant called The Cove.  I had a couple of beers and a burger and fries.  It was fun to socialize with them.  I’ve become a kind of confidant of one of the male math teachers.  We’ve talked about dating (not each other) and he was telling me about a girl he really liked and whether he should pursue it. 

I was finally able to reserve an iPhone 4S at the Apple store.  I’ve tried several times, but haven’t been able to get through.  You can reserve one to pick up the next day after 9:00 p.m. the night before, but each time I’ve logged on this week, a black 16GB wasn’t available.  Sometimes the 32GB was, but I only need the 16 – I haven’t even filled up my 8GB phone that I’ve had for two years.  I almost had it reserved yesterday evening, but I couldn’t remember my full login so by the time I got logged in, the phone wasn’t available.  I finally got through exactly at 9:00 tonight and I’m supposed to pick it up between 10 and 6 tomorrow. 

Tomorrow I also have to go to the store to get pepperoni for the pizza and then do some housecleaning before library guy comes over. 

No comments: