Monday, November 14, 2011

Orchestra Rehearsal

I haven’t played in an orchestra since high school.  Tonight was a bit intimidating.  With so few “wind” players, the parts are very exposed so you can’t hide when you aren’t playing well.  I played the principal part tonight so it was a bit scary at times – especially when I had solo parts all to myself.  But it was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed playing with the ensemble tonight.  I started to get more brave as the rehearsal progressed.  I am going to actually practice though.  But it will be good for me in the long run I think.  It’s kind of nice to be so involved in music again. 

On the way home I talked with Michael (his real name - Matthew was the pseudonym I used).  He is the same as always – dealing with school budget issues and such.  He said he would still like to visit sometime and so he will try to get down here in a few months or so.  Won’t hold my breath, but it would be nice to see him and have him visit.  Library guy (Whose real name is Matt – thus the need for clarification on the pseudonym) emailed me last night.  He asked if I had a chance to look at the scrabble word book he gave me.  He is gearing up for another tournament in December.  He said he was looking forward to making pizza and playing scrabble again this weekend.  I emailed him back and told him with Josh visiting and reading my other book that I haven’t had time to check out the word book yet, but would do so. 

It was a busy day at work for me.  I’m still at a loss on dealing with the new textbooks.  I think I’m going to tackle that task tomorrow and see if I can make some room for them. 

Well, I’m pretty tired so I’m going to head to bed.  I think this week is going to go by fast.  I’ll be heading to Vegas in no time!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Such a busy week. What a perfectly nice problem to have. Sounds like your new home is agreeing with you!